Saturday, March 11, 2017

Will Work for Fabric

It is almost spring!  If you live in central Ohio, that means that it is time for the annual sewing day to make quilts for patients at the James Cancer Hospital.  In addition to the upcoming sewing day, spring means that I need to finish the project kits that I picked up at last year's event.

Wonderful people volunteer to put together hundreds of kits for the annual event.  Here are a few that I took home:


The patterns are very easy, and it takes little time to make up these lap quilts.


The kits come with backing fabric too!  We are asked to piece together the backing for the quilters that volunteer to quilt them.    Once the tops and backings are finished, they fit back into their ziplock bags.  Last year, tote bags were even provided to hold the kits!
Charity quilting is a great way to practice your quilting skills, and give back to the community.  

Happy Quilting!

1 comment:

  1. They really make it easy, don't they, Cindy? I make quilts to give to people with Parkinsons Disease. But they can be anything I want as long as they are within a size range (skinny for wheel chairs). That's where most of my scrappy quilts go. There are two Piecing for Parkinsons events held in NH every year, but so far I haven't made the trek.

    ReplyDelete