Monday, March 21, 2016

Enjoying My Day Off

Don’t you love taking a vacation day!  Today, I am trying to make significant progress on my son’s wedding quilt.  I am making Judy Niemeyer’s Bali Wedding Star.  


I had a wonderful time at my local quilt shop, picking out the fabrics for the quilt.  We searched the internet, looking at color schemes, and decided on this example from The Quixotic Quilter.


These are the green fabrics that we are using:

Fortunately, my local quilt shop also offered a class from certified instructor, Sue Wilson, to make a small table topper using this pattern.  She provided simple instructions for making this complicated pattern.

Since the wedding quilt is a large quilt, there are a lot of pieces.  I need to make 112 arc A’s and 112 arc B’s.  Judy has figured out how to strip piece the arcs! I find it a little challenging to fit 8 arcs on each strip of fabric.





I have completed 96 arc A’s, and I am working on 96 arc B’s.  I found that 32 arcs (4 strips) are manageable to work with at one time.  Here are my 96 A's:



GG is keeping me company as I quilt, and making sure I take frequent breaks to give her some attention, so I just had to share her photo with you.


 I hope to share my progress as I complete this quilt.   Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. That's going to be an amazing quilt! You sure have a lot of patience. I could probably do a table topper but never a bed-sized one. I would get bored mid-way through. I love the fresh greens you're using, too.

    ReplyDelete