Sunday, April 20, 2014

Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!  My totally awesome daughter designed it for me!


The loft above our family room is my sewing room.  If you drive past our house early in the morning, you'll see the lights on in the loft, as I quilt before I go to work.  I can't wait to share my quilting adventures with you!

First, I'd like to introduce you to my quilting partners. Here's George!

I had been talking about purchasing a new machine for some time, and I had tried out different models at quilt shows and local quilt shops.  My amazingly supportive husband surprised me by calling the local APQS rep to order George!  George arrived in early April, and we are still getting to know each other.  Beth Schillig is the local APQS rep, and an amazing quilter.

Here's Rosie, my 10 year old lab.  Rosie is my faithful companion, and is always near when I am quilting.


Here is my latest project:  Noel, by Material Girl Designs.The designer, Teri Tope, is a wonderful artist and teacher, and I had the opportunity to take her class at a local quilt shop.  Noel has reverse appliqué, two layers of batting (one wool and one cotton/poly), and I am quilting it with bubbles using Superior Rainbows thread.  I quilted a few snowflakes into the background, but they are hard to see.  It's not perfect, but that's okay.  I'm going to make it again in red and white.


Well that's it for today!  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment