Sunday, April 27, 2014

Keeping Busy

Life never seems to slow down.  This week, I had little time for quilting, but it was still a great week.    My amazing son had a big announcement.


Just like Westley in The Princess Bride, he has found true love, and he proposed to his girlfriend.  He  is getting married!!!!  Woohoo!

While it is impossible to top his engagement, my week ended with a 3-day mystery quilt retreat at Quilt Beginnings. The Dublin store has expanded and the new classroom space is huge with walls of windows.

I picked blue batiks for my mystery quilt, and here is the result:

It's a queen size quilt for my bedroom.  Now I just have to figure out how to quilt it.  I also picked up some fabric to make practice samples for George.  I have to schedule some time with him soon!

Hope you have a great week.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Both on your son's engagement and on starting AND finishing that lovely blue and white quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your son! And what a pretty blue and white quilt!

    ReplyDelete